Monday, February 5, 2007

How Do I Find Customers?

I consider myself a freelance consultant. I'm currently on a 6 month contract-to-perm position, but when my 6 months are over, I'll be faced with the decision to either give up on the freedom of being independent, or settle into a permanent position. Given my track record, I'll probably choose the former. So a few months from now, I'm going to be on the job market again. I actually kind of enjoy the hunt. Putting my name out there and talking to recruiters gives me a bit of a rush. But what about those of us who would rather have the potential clients come to us?

Web Worker Daily just posted a terrific article answering the freelancer's toughest question: "How Do I Find Customers?". Apparently, it's all about building your reputation, and making yourself visible. The article contains some very good advice. Advice I'm going to make an effort to follow. We'll see how it works for me!

No comments: